- Re-forming the river channel
- Re-creating meanders
- Developing ponds and scrapes
- Creating new habitats for important species
- Planting hedges and trees indigenous to the area, to enhance the site for nesting birds
- Light grazing to encourage wild flower meadows
- Ongoing maintenance
- Encouraging other groups and specialist societies to visit and record their findings
- Planting of a Jubilee Wood.
(February 2016) Rye Meadows Volunteers clear the northern bank of the Rye Brook and stop for a photo shoot.
Left to Right:-
Robert Baines (front), Martin O'Donovan (behind), David Curnow, Geoff Ball, David Baker, Daphne Burnett, Conor Morrow (LMCG), Richard Wassell, Nigel Bond (behind), Derek Netherton (front), Richard Inge, Allan Mornemont and Chris Abbott. Photographer Jim Jones (SWT)