DATE FOR YOUR DIARY - WEDNESDAY 24TH MAY AT 2PM. OPENING CEREMONY OF THE CENTENARY FIELD.
- Re-forming the river channel
- Re-creating meanders
- Developing ponds and scrapes
- Creating new habitats for important species
- Planting hedges and trees indigenous to the area, to enhance the site for nesting birds
- Light grazing to encourage wild flower meadows
- Ongoing maintenance
- Encouraging other groups and specialist societies to visit and record their findings
- Planting of a Jubilee Wood.
(December 2016) Friends of Ashtead Rye Meadows Wetlands are presented with a cheque for £1,000 from Ashtead Rotary's President, Julie Haines.
Left to Right:-
Richard Inge, Tony Martin, Richard Wassell, David Baker, Daphne Burnett, Julie Haines and Nigel Bond.