- Re-forming the river channel
- Re-creating meanders
- Developing ponds and scrapes
- Creating new habitats for important species
- Planting hedges and trees indigenous to the area, to enhance the site for nesting birds
- Light grazing to encourage wild flower meadows
- Ongoing maintenance
- Encouraging other groups and specialist societies to visit and record their findings
- Planting of a Jubilee Wood.
(December 2016) Friends of Ashtead Rye Meadows Wetlands are presented with a cheque for £1,000 from Ashtead Rotary's President, Julie Haines.
Left to Right:-
Richard Inge, Tony Martin, Richard Wassell, David Baker, Daphne Burnett, Julie Haines and Nigel Bond.
One of the original volunteers who came forward to help with this project was Geoff Ball. Geoff has recently moved away from the area and his services are no longer available to us. His enthusiasm and expertise will be sadly missed and we wish him well in his new home in Kent.